Monday, June 16, 2008

MOUNTAIN TORTURE OH I MEAN CLIMBING

It has been awhile since I posted but I have been occupied with lots of things. Some good and some not so good. I have been helping my sister with her remodel because she is under a deadline(just a few times), went to work with my husband once to help him before vacation, last weekend we helped on my older sisters house, and was occupied at the hospital last week with my nephews injury and subsequent death. Very sad please pray for his wife Jill and two sons, Liam and Alex. Also for his Dad, Mom, Sister, Step Mom and extended family.
Now on to my TORTURE. I told my husband I would try to climb Mount Baden Powell with him and we decided a week ago today was a good day to try. We got up at 5:00 got to the mountain about 6:30 and started up about 7:00 or so. I was so out of breath and dizzy in the first half mile that I thought I was going to have to quit by I plugged on and decided to at least make it to the spring which is about one and a half to two miles up when we got there I caught a second wind and decided to give it a try and part way up regretted that decision but none the less I kept going and made it to the top. We stayed up there for about thirty minutes and started back down. I thought no problem hard part is done. Ha. Going down uses different muscles not to mention my fall on slippery snow that left a knot and bruise on my left upper thigh. When I was close to being down I started trembling and knew if I didn't get down now I wouldn't get down myself so I started to jog down probably the last three fourths or half mile. All in all I did eight and a half miles. Not bad for being out of shape. I have been sore though for the last week just starting to get over it
Just starting out still fresh.


At the top near the monument


Me at the top.


Dave at the top.

Almost done literally and physically

4 comments:

Dave said...

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH YEAH!
Next Whitney?

The lady had Bragging Rights!
9400 Feet 8.5 miles round trip.

Was I happy and proud of my lady.

I have always seen her as much stronger then I when it comes to shear will power.

Love you

Deborah said...

I don't know about will power maybe stupidity. I think I need to be in better shape if I try something like this again.

Dave said...

You did GREAT though.
Love you

Anonymous said...

Wow, good for you. We did a little hiking ourselves over the weekend. I was so sick to hear about Bobby. We have praying lots and lots, and I wish nothing but good things for all of the family. I hope you guys stay happy and healthy.